MetaMask Extension not working? Try these hacks
MetaMask is one of the most renowned crypto wallets that are present out there and this wallet is developed specifically for ETH storage. However, in the past, a lot of users have been raising complaints regarding the MetaMask extension as they have been facing some issues while using it.
Hence, to help such users, we thought of creating this blog post for you so that you can gain a piece of knowledge about eliminating the issues with the MetaMask extension.
Here are the ways to eliminate the issues
In case you are also having the issue with your extension, then you can try out these steps to get rid of the issue:
- The first thing that you need to do is restart the device on which you are using MetaMask
- If that does not help you, you can try to force close the MetaMask extension and then restart the extension
- In addition to this, you can also try to lock and unlock the MetaMask wallet
- In case you are facing issues while initiating a particular transaction then you need to make sure the relevant block explorer is working properly or not
- If that does not help you eliminate the issue, then you can also uninstall and remove the extension and then re-add it
If you do not know how to re-add the MetaMask extension, then you can refer to the details given in the next section.
Steps to re-install MetaMask extension
- First, go to the metamask.io website from your browser
- Click the "Download" button on the main page
- After this, select the option referred to as "Install MetaMask on Chrome"
- If you are using any other web browser then you can select the relevant option for the same
- Opt for the correct options on the following screen
If you are using the MetaMask extension and suddenly it stopped working, then there are a few easy troubleshooting tips that you can follow. I hope that the details I have given above will help you eliminate the issues at the earliest.